Call for enforcement of safe boating regulation

December 08, 2016

Subject: Imforcement of wake and noncompliance safe boating

regulations.

From: Roett McCauslsnd

Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 09:09:38 -0700

A large increase of unsafe wake violations occurring that have involved manatees, kayak/smaller watercraft and Marina areas.

Recent report by boater who witnessed a manatee strike by a large powerboat who failed to slow to a safe speed. Daily occurrences of wakes entering marina causing damage to the shore line and boats docked within.

We are looking for support from anyone to respond to local enforcement of the regulations to protect wildlife, private and personal property. I hope we can count on your support. We are also contantacting local news media to bring this situation to the publics attention in this area.